Tail shot by the outgoing government on the issue of sustainable mobility, col green light to the Prime Minister’s Decree on car incentives to foster the green transition and investment in the automotive sector. And so, once the so-called “Automotive Fund” was signed, changes were made to the incentives for the industry itself, plus a bonus for the construction of domestic and condominium charging stations. Let’s take stock of all the news.
It only takes a few clicks (and it’s totally free)
Already have a profile? Register to Virgilio Motori to continue reading this content
Behind the “Automotive Fund” a rather serious situation
The green light for the new incentives comes at a very particular historical moment in which the energy transition in Italy is becoming more and more urgent, also and especially in the automotive sector. And it is precisely in times like these, when, due to travel for holidays, doubts multiply on the effective usability of electric solutions, we realize how late our beautiful country is in the construction of infrastructures dedicated to electric cars. Suffice it to mention the recent report on motorway columns to understand how things really are. But on the other hand, without government intervention, little can be done.
It is precisely from these foundations that the recent proposals of the Minister of Economic Development Giancarlo Giorgetti start, proposals from which precisely this new “Fund automotive”Which aims to put some patches in the system. In the form of a newly signed DPCM, some of the innovations that the government has been working on for some time to support the automotive sector, and at the same time give a boost to the creation of private and condominium charging stations, arrive. “This is a very good resultbecause it goes in the direction of developing tools for the reconversion of the sector in the light of the objectives envisaged by the ecological transition ”, said Giorgetti himself.
The innovations introduced: immediate and long-term
Entering into the merits of the measures approved and contained in the relative Prime Ministerial Decree, it must first be emphasized that the government is putting 40 million resources on the table for the current year and 350 million euros for each of the years starting from the next and up to 2030. These funds are destined for industry: 70% for development contracts and the remaining 30% for innovation agreements. But in addition to these, a contribution for the purchase of standard power infrastructures for recharging electric vehicles will also come into force this year. This contribution is equal to80% of the purchase and installation costsfor a maximum of 1,500 euros per applicant and 8,000 euros in the event that the structure concerns common parts such as condominium contexts (shareholders’ meeting quorums are envisaged in the same way as those relating to the 110% bonus).
Therefore, it is a real one bonus for wallboxes (domestic charging systems), for the construction of private or condominium charging stations, a bonus based on a fund that is equal to 40 million euros. However, it must be specified that it will be necessary to wait for a subsequent directorial decree by the Ministry of Economic Development that will make this bonus effectively available; even if the most is now done.